In 1999 Donnie Hawley opened the doors of Hawleywood’s Barber Shop and Shaving Parlor. Built for tattooed greasers, psychobilly, rock n’roll, and punk rock guys who wanted an old-school barbershop where you could get a straight razor shave, a nice tight haircut, and enjoy the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of real men's sanctuary.
Donnie hated that the majority of his customers would step up into his chair with a hair full of petroleum grease. He couldn’t wash it out and these greasy mops of hair would set the stage for a less than an ideal haircut. Donnie began experimenting with his customers with different formulations of water-based pomade. He would take the best features of all of the products that he liked to work with, but always maintained the ability to wash it right out, with just water! After years of research and formulations, Layrite Deluxe Pomade was born.
From there, Hawleywood’s customers began to demand all of the products that he used at the barbershop. Each one is perfected in our based on feedback from our customers. As a result, Layrite has become an American fine men’s grooming products company proudly serving tattooed greasers, psychobilly, rock n’roll, and punk rockers for 10 years. Each Layrite product is a modern take on a classic men’s grooming product.
There are 19 products.
- For all lengths and hair textures
- Contains essential vitamins
- Strengthens and adds shine
- Moisturizes and provides nutrients
- Helps keep hair and scalp healthy
- Made in USA
- Water-based styling cream
- Holds like wax, washes out like a gel
- Each side holds 2.75 oz of product
- Supershine Cream for sleek looks & extra shine
- Natural Matte Cream adds texture & flexible hold
- Best for fine to medium-thick hair
- Made in USA